Monday 29 October 2012

Friday Acetone Wash.


One of my customers asked about cleaning the Gekko sheet with Acetone, which worried me, so after saying don't I decided to experiment.

I worried that the acetone would attack the gekko surface and in fact it does. We took an unused sheet and poured a pool on the middle then left it for 20 seconds. It did in fact attack the sheet and left a very rough texture this may or may not improve adhesion but  since this is not a problem with the Gekko sheet it did seem an unnecessary risk. However we will return to this when the current gekko sheet is past usable the model count at this point being in the 80's.

Having had a model come loose laqte thurdsay (I think i rubbed my fingers on the back) (Oily engineer) 

I did feel it was worth trying an acetone wipe on the active sheet and the picture above is the result.

With a quick wipe with acetone on kitchen roll, it makes the sheet shiny, a little like the Zamboni on an ice rink.

How this effected prints will become apparent. As we continue the experiment.


No comments:

Post a Comment